If you can make delicious food for a group of 10 to 17 people, keep a stocked pantry, and serve meals on time, we have an amazing position for you! As cook, you will live aboard the vessel for 2-3 months as we cruise the west coast. You will be responsible for feeding the crew three square meals a day, every day, with occasional larger groups. You can even learn to sail if you want to!
We are now hiring two cooks for quarter 2 of 2018, from April 1 (on in Antioch, CA) to July 5 (off in Aberdeen, WA).
To apply, email your resume and short intro about you to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- MUST be able to cook for groups, 10-20 people who need large portions
- MUST be able to make meals on time- Captain will tell you when each meal needs to be ready to stay on schedule
- MUST keep a stocked pantry- that means purchasing food, keeping everything dated, keeping snacks on hand, sticking to a budget, and menu planning
- Awareness of healthy nutrition for active sailors- our crew needs their calories, flavor, and fresh veggies
- Ability to get up early (5-6am usually to prepare breakfast)
- Kind/pleasant to your fellow crew members
- International foods a huge plus, we love variety
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and background check, subject to random drug tests during tenure aboard.
We can offer an amazing adventure, travel, and a great crew of fun people. We are a family environment and all employees are subject to a background check and drug test. Monthly pay is $850-$1250 DOE, plus room and board. Flexible contract lengths, 2-3 months is typical.