Grays Harbor Historical Seaport has been selected for a 3-year, $512,000 grant to implement Sea School.
- 72 need-based full scholarships for people ages 18 to 35 to participate in Sea School. Priority will be given to applicants who would otherwise have barriers to the industry. Everything is included down to the work gear.
- 10 $2,000 merit-based crew development scholarships per year for GHHS crew to obtain USCG licensing.
- 3-4 educational panels each year in communities around Washington state. These free events will feature a group of working mariners talking about their career at sea.
- Vessel open houses in 8-10 communities each year where people can come learn about Sea School and maritime work.
- Modernized training on GHHS vessels including an all-new training curriculum, 2x year life raft deployment, immersion suits, crew “field trips” to see other types of vessels, visiting speakers, podcasts, training videos, and more.
Sea School’s pilot season will launch summer of 2018. To learn all about the vision behind Sea School, click through the Sea School eBook below, you can also download and print the PDF.
Grays Harbor Sea School eBook FOR WEB
Our heartfelt thanks to Historical Seaport supporters. Your continued involvement has made this major step possible.