If you can make delicious food for a group of 10 to 15 people, keep a stocked pantry, and serve three square meals on time, we have an amazing position for you! As cook, you will live aboard the vessel for 1-3 months as we cruise the west coast. You will be responsible for feeding the crew three square meals a day, every day, with occasional larger groups. You can even learn to sail if you want to!
We are hiring immediately, so if you are able to ship out right away, please contact us at email@example.com.
- MUST be able to cook for groups, 10-20 people who need large portions
- MUST be able to make meals on time- Captain will tell you when each meal needs to be ready to stay on schedule
- MUST keep a stocked pantry- that means purchasing food, keeping everything dated, keeping snacks on hand, sticking to a budget, and menu planning
- Awareness of healthy nutrition for active sailors- our crew needs their calories, flavor, and fresh veggies
- Ability to get up early (5-6am usually to prepare breakfast)
- Kind/pleasant to your fellow crew members
- International foods a huge plus, we love variety
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug test and background check, subject to random drug tests during tenure aboard.
We can offer an amazing adventure, travel, and a great crew of fun people. We are a family environment and all employees are subject to a background check and drug test. Monthly pay is $850-$1250 DOE, plus room and board. Flexible contract lengths, 1-3 months is typical.